Ha Long Bay, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc, Hoi An are some of the names that appear in the top 10 most beautiful tourist destinations in Vietnam reviewed and voted by international visitors. Not only are these places rich in natural beauty, they also carry many years of history with them, preserving the unique cultural features of the country.
1. Halong Bay. Located on the West Bank of the Tonkin Gulf, including the island waters of Ha Long City, Cam Pha City and part of Van Don Island District, Quang Ninh Province. Halong Bay has a 120 km coastline with an area of about 1,553 square kilometers including 1,969 large and small islands, most of which are limestone islands, of which the core of the bay is 335 square kilometers of dense 775 islands big small.
It’s not only beautiful because of the “clouds of water”, the poetic beauty or the countless limestone islands floating on the water, Ha Long also give visitors a sense of peace when immersed in the scenery here. New Open World Organization officially recognized Ha Long Bay as one of the seven new natural wonders of the world.
2. Thien Mu Pagoda. Also known as Linh Mu Pagoda, is the ancient temple located on Ha Khe Hill, on the left bank of the Huong River, about 5km west of Hue city center. Thien Mu Pagoda was officially built in the year of the Tan Suu (1601), the first princess Nguyen Hoang, the first Nguyen Lord in Cochinchina.
With natural beauty and large scale, Thien Mu Pagoda became the most beautiful temple of that time. Today, the pagoda continues to be more and more magnificent attracting many tourists near and far.
3. Hoan Kiem Lake. Also known as Ho Guom, is the natural freshwater lake of Hanoi, the lake has an area of about 12 hectares. Previously, the lake also had the name: Luc Thuy Lake, Thuy Quan Lake, Ta Vong and Huu Vong Lake, the name of Hoan Kiem appeared in the beginning of the 15th century associated with the legend of King Le Thai To.
Hoan Kiem Lake is associated with the symbol of peace thus, many artists have taken the image of the the place as the basis for their works.
4. Hoi An. Hoi An City is located on the northern bank of Thu Bon River, about 25km south-east of Da Nang, about 50km northeast of Tam Ky. From the 16th and 17th centuries, this place was known as Faifoo, a trading and trading center for Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese and Italian merchants in Southeast Asia.
Hoi An today is a well preserved city of ancient architectures and cultural heritage of traditional customs, beliefs, folk arts, and festivals. In addition, the culinary culture in Hoi An is one of the special things that visitors often mention.
5. Phu Quoc. The island is also known as Ngoc Island, the largest island in Vietnam, also the largest island in a population of 22 islands in the Gulf of Thailand. Phu Quoc island and other islands form the Phu Quoc island district of Kien Giang province. The whole island district has a total area of 589.23 square kilometers.
6. Sa Pa terraces. Sa Pa is a highland town in northwestern Vietnam, where terraces are beautiful, stretching as they rise to the sky. With beautiful natural scenery, poetic moments, mysterious markets and delicious food, Sa Pa has “fascinated” most of the visitors when they arrived here.
7. Mui Ne. It is a popular tourist center of the South Central, 22km north of Phan Thiet City (Binh Thuan Province), where it is a strip of unspoiled green coastline with red sand hills stretching and fishing villages of Vietnam pure sea.
8. Mekong Delta. As part of the Mekong Delta, also known as the Southern Plains or the South West, the total area is 40,548.2 square kilometers. Due to the long coastline, the Mekong River is divided into many tributaries of rivers, canals, islands and archipelagos.
Aside from visiting the extensive fruit gardens, it is recommended to go on one of the nine river branches to the sea of the Mekong River, listen to the music and enjoy specialties in the South. Pay a visit to the floating market while you’re at it, a unique sight that can only be seen in the West River.
9. Cu Chi Tunnels. It is a defensive system in the ground in Cu Chi district, the land is called “land of steel”, 70 km away from Ho Chi Minh City to the northwest. This system was built by the National Front for the Liberation of South Vietnam during the Indochina War and the Vietnam War.
This is a unique architecture deep in the ground, there are many floors, many niches like spider webs that are over 200km long, which is the place to eat, stay, meet and strategize for battle.
10. Nha Trang. It is a coastal city and a political, economic, cultural and tourist center of Khanh Hoa Province in the South Central Coast of Vietnam. The sea lagoon is famous for its Salanganes’Nest, one of the most nutritious delicacies enjoyed by kings 400 years ago.
Dubbed the “Pearl of the East,” Nha Trang not only owns a beautiful natural landscape, cool with stretches of white sand, offshore islands have magical virtual coral, but also famous for its many ancient Cham temples, mesmerizing museums in the heart of the city.